Rescue Dogs Paper

Rescue Dogs

By: Justin Li

Have you ever wondered what a working dog’s life looks like? In the articles “It’s a Dog’s Life” by Rebecca Upjohn Snyder and “Hide-and-Seek School” by Vivienne Lenk that what they talk about. One dog has the job of herding farm animals in a very short amount of time  and the other dogs have to rescue people trapped under avalanches. These two working dogs have lots of things in common but also have many differences. Now I will list these similarities and differences.

Some similarities in the passages “It’s a Dog’s Life” by Rebecca Upjohn Snyder and “Hide-and-Seek School” by Vivienne Lenk is that the dogs are both trained very hard, for example in the passage “It’s a Dog’s Life” by Rebecca Upjohn Snyder, the text states “It’s partly a process of communication,” and in the passage “Hide-and-Seek School” by Vivienne Lenk it states”The dogs’ training begins at home when they’re puppies”. These dogs also are both very helpful, in the passage “It’s a Dog’s Life” by Rebecca Upjohn Snyder, the text states that the borderline collies are very smart and helps David herd sheep. In comparison, the article “Hide-and-Seek School” by Vivienne Lenk states “These dogs train for serious work. They rescue people from avalanches”. Those were how they were similar, but now I will state how they are different.

There are also many differences, in the passages “It’s a Dog’s Life” by Rebecca Upjohn Snyder and “Hide-and-Seek School” by Vivienne Lenk there are many similarities and differences. Now I will state the differences in these 2 articles. One difference is that one dog working on a farm in another one works at an avalanche site. Another difference is that borderline collies are considered the smartest dogs in the world. Another difference is that the collie works on a farm every day, on the other hand, the rescue dogs only work during snow season. Another thing is that one herds sheep will the other one saves people buried under avalanches. Also the collie likes to work and is very quiet while working. Those are the similarities and differences in the articles “It’s a Dog’s Life” by Rebecca Upjohn Snyder and “Hide-and-Seek School” by Vivienne Lenk.

In conclusion, the articles “It’s a Dog’s Life” by Rebecca Upjohn Snyder and “Hide-and-Seek School” by Vivienne Lenk, both talk about helpful dogs and what they do. these rescue dogs are very helpful and will save many lives and help us daily. If I was a farmer I would want a border collie to help me. These great dogs have helped this world become a better place by saving lives and helping people.